On entering the USA, the popular myth is that you’ll have to start all over again. However, this is not necessarily true for professionals who hold professional certificates and degrees from abroad or from their countries of origin.
It entirely depends on what your goals are or if you wish to pursue higher education. For example, if you were a teacher or another professional in the Caribbean or another country where the official language is not English, your best bet is to get your studies revalidated. It’s important to get your studies revalidated by nationally recognized revalidation agency. Revalidation simply means having your courses and credits compared and analyzed according to American grading system and educational standards.